- This event has passed.
Northwest Folklife Festival 2020: Home to Home – Virtual
May 23 @ 11:00 am - May 25 @ 10:00 pm
Save the date! Northwest Folklife and Seattle Center are excited to present, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival, a digital festival taking place online at nwfolklifestreaming.org on Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-25, 2020)!
Presented by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival, brings the celebration of our folklife to you digitally. Featuring multiple program channels and a virtual marketplace, this festival will bring together local culture bearers, artists, creatives, sponsors, and merchants all on one platform.[PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS] • Livestream Channels of music, participatory dance, and workshops
• On-Demand Streaming Channel featuring an exploration of music, dance, storytelling, and more
• Family Fun Channel featuring pre-recorded performance videos and engaging hands-on activities
• Living Legacies Channel featuring storytelling and panel discussions that pass on tradition and culture
• Festival Artist Directory highlighting the 600+ artists initially slated to perform at the Northwest Folklife Festival
• Virtual Marketplace highlighting local merchants with online purchasing options
[EVENT DETAILS] ⇢ When: May 23-25, 2020 (Memorial Day Weekend)
⇢ Where: Online at nwfolklifestreaming.org
⇢ Donate: Suggested Daily Donation: $20 per person | $30 per family, Committed to Access for All & powered by Your Donations
During this time of uncertainty, we ask you to come together to help us sustain, uplift, and unite our folklife. Please consider making your best gift possible, one that ensures a bright and sustainable future for Northwest Folklife and speaks to the importance of upholding the arts, culture, and music that make up our daily lives. To donate, please visit: https://nwfolklife.kindful.com/support/living-our-legacy-in-2020
For more information, please visit nwfolklifestreaming.org.