Beats to the Rhyme 3.0 applications are now open! Are you an up-and-coming or aspiring rapper, producer, or singer? FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY to Beats to the Rhyme. Due to safety restrictions during Covid, space to this free program is extremely limited so don’t wait! Application is due Monday, April 19, 2021, 12pm PST.
Beats to the Rhyme helps young artists (suggested age range of 16-22, but each applicant will be considered individually) tap into the power of creative expression as a tool for self-growth, professional development, and community empowerment. In a 8-week residency located in the Central District’s historic Washington Hall, eight students will have the opportunity to write, produce, and record original creative works in the state-of-the-art Emerald Street Studios.
Twice a week, veteran Hip Hop teaching artists Silas Blak, Depth175 and special guests will guide the cohort through sequencing, songwriting, composition, recording and live performances. The program culminates in the production of a recorded album and music video. Participants will also have many opportunities to build connections and take their work to a variety of audiences to grow their performance skills and gain important stage and event production experience.
The goals for the program are to:
* Inspire youth to pursue their musical creativity
* Provide artist development training, education and experience
* Cultivate a safe, supportive space for youth to express themselves and their individuality
* Challenge youth to think critically and nurture forward thinking
* Expand practical knowledge in marketing, promotion, multimedia, and community building