Although the 206 Zulu 17th Anniversary was online this year, it was a remarkable one! Thank you 4Culture, Humanities Washington, National Endowment for the Humanities, Seattle Office of Arts & Culture, and Seattle Information Technology for helping make this possible.
About 206 Zulu Anniversary
Each year, Hip Hop supporters from around the country gather in Seattle, Washington to celebrate and experience the 206 Zulu Anniversaries.
206 Zulu has received wide recognition for the precedence it has set in community-building, education, outreach, activism, and artistic excellence. Since its inception in 2004, 206 Zulu has taken the motto of “Knowledge, Wisdom, and Understanding” to another level for the next generation.
206 Zulu dedicates Presidents weekend in February as a time to celebrate not just the organization’s accomplishments, but to pay tribute to the entire Hip Hop culture.
Continuing in the tradition of ‘Peace, Love, Unity & Having Fun’, this flagship event carries a mission to
- Celebrate the Anniversary of 206 Zulu.
- Preserve and promote the elements of Hip Hop culture: Deejaying and Emceeing (music), Graff (visual art), B-Boying/B-Girling (dance) and Knowledge (education).
- Delineate the uplifting and empowering essence of Hip Hop.
- Create dialog to aid in solutions to prevalent issues in the Hip Hop community and the world at large.
- Raise consciousness on aforementioned issues to those outside the Hip Hop community.
- Heighten the exposure of emerging artists from around the country.
- Motivate youth by providing positive avenues of self-expression and encouraging unity.
- Open lines of communication for personal growth and networking.
- Unify people of all-ages from all walks of life.
17th Anniversary 2021 Recap
16th Anniversary 2020 Recap
15th Anniversary 2019 Recap
14th Anniversary 2018 Recap
13th Anniversary 2017 Recap
12th Anniversary 2016 Recap
11th Anniversary 2015 Recap
10th Anniversary 2014 Recap
9th Anniversary 2013 Recap
8th Anniversary 2012 Recap
7th Anniversary 2011 Recap
6th Anniversary 2010 Recap
5th Anniversary 2009 Recap
4th Anniversary 2008 Recap
3rd Anniversary 2007 Recap
2nd Anniversary 2006 Recap
1st Anniversary 2005 Recap