All is Well is hiring two youth ages 18-24 for a film internship!
From our friends at All is Well:
We are looking for a diverse mix of emerging BIPOC talent (18-24 years old) who aspire to build a career as a creative in the film and advertising industries. You will be immersed in an intensive and professional curriculum, developing the essential creative concepts and technical craft to make films for clients and yourself. Ideal candidates identify themselves as artists with a strength and/or desire in one or more creative disciplines including writing, visual art, graphic design, animation, film/photography, editing, or strategic ideation that leads to story development. You should be curious, open, positive, collaborative and empathetic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the ideation of client campaigns.
- Shadow the creative process with the team and clients.
- Strategize with the creative team on approaches to solve problems.
- Contribute to creating client work based on skill set.
- Shadowing the director and/or creative process during production.
- Publish case studies and updates to the All is Well website, weekly social media announcements, and All is Well brand presence.
- Complete a rigorous “film school” curriculum and engage in hands-on training from professional filmmakers.
- Write and direct three experimental film projects.
Compensation and Benefits
- Three-months long, 20 – 40 hours a week, and pays $20/hour.
- The start date is January 17th.
- All learning materials and equipment will be provided.
- You will be made an employee of the company for the length of the internship and receive a W2 at the end of the year.
- Résumé building support from the team.
- Letter of recommendation certifying your internship accomplishments.
- Up to three informational interviews with industry leaders at the end of internship.
- Advocates to help you land a job.
- Financial planning consultation specifically for professional creatives.
- Send a letter to email@example.com introducing yourself and why this internship opportunity speaks to you. Give us a sense of your creative spirit, how you express it, and where you hope it takes you in the future. Include a link to any past video work you’d like to share.
- We will be hiring two positions.
- This is a competitive hiring process. The application deadline is Friday, December 17th.
- A hiring committee from All is Well and Africatown Community Land Trust will review all candidates and select individuals to be interviewed.
- Four candidates will be asked to participate in 30 minute individual Q&A sessions.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated by start date