The Residency Summer Workshop Series is now open to apply! This program is for youth ages 16-19 who want to pursue hip-hop and music as a career. This is a month-long program where 30 youth students select a vocal or production track, produce original songs, record in a professional studio, and learn about a career in music from some of the region’s best teaching artists.
- Participants will receive a $600 stipend for their attendance and a $1,000 technology stipend to help bridge the technology gap.
- Artists will showcase their music in front of hundreds at the finale showcase at MoPOP’s Skychurch! Each participant has access to year-round opportunities to become a Residency Alumnus.
- Receive a signed certificate by Macklemore and the executive director upon completion.
- Artists will learn business acumen from music leaders and gain a social justice lens from community activist leaders + More!
- Bus tokens, snacks, and lunch are included.
Apply now | www.theresidencyseattle.org/
Locations | Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institution, Washington Hall, and MoPOP’s Sky Church!
Questions about the program | email@example.com
The Residency exists to break down barriers to equitable arts learning. We continue to center on Black, Indigenous, & P.O.C identifying young artists from low-income families to help acquire tangible artistic and professional skills while gaining confidence, teamwork, and a deepened understanding of their identity and power.