On February 22nd, USA Breakin’ officially announced their DanceSport Council. This group of World Class athletes represents all of their athletes (Breakers) in the competitive endeavor. The council is responsible for creating a direct line of communication between the Breakin’ Community and the USA Breakin’ Board of Directors (BoD).
The council serves as an advisory group for the best interests of athletes, and to:
- Recommend and protect the rights of athletes
- Provide an athletic perspective on the USA Breakin’ Board and committees
- Identify and select athletes to provide representation on USA Breakin’ operational committees which impact athletes
- Identify and develop athletes as future representatives within the organization
- Advocate Safesport and anti-doping values within the Breakin’ Community and organization
- Communicate and explain the reasons underlying USA Breakin’ BoD decisions to the community
- Make recommendations to the Board regarding athlete-related policies, rules and procedures.
The DanceSport Council is overseen by the USA Breakin’ DanceSport VP, Jonathan “Xcel” Escotto. The chair is Omar “RoxRite” Delgado. The Co-Chair is Sunny Choi. The Secretary is Benyaamin Barnes McGee “BoxWon”. The DanceSport Delegates are Alex “El Niño” Diaz, Morris “The Fresh Prince” Isby and Alfredo “Lego” Sotelo.
For more information visit USABreakin.org